Spent two weeks communicating with an AI on IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

ComposingComposer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Spent two weeks communicating with an AI on IMSLP

Post by ComposingComposer »

Hello,
a couple weeks ago I was looking at the fact that composers typically divide the words of the Kyrie differently from the technically correct way to divide them. In process of this research I typed Kyrie into IMSLP and pulled up the general index. Upon the index popping up, so did an AI chat box called Ludwig with Beethoven's picture. Over the last two weeks since this came up I got lazy and stopped using howmanysyllables.com and just asked this chat bot how to divide words, and whether standard divisions were different than what is actually correct, as well as telling it about what I'm writing, asking it various other music related questions and some questions about the morality of AI's. There were a number of times that Ludwig answered questions incorrectly and when I asked questions to clarify, it corrected itself. This evening my browser was demanding an update so I had to restart it. When I pulled IMSLP back up, my chat with Ludwig was gone and I could not find any illusion or implication of it's existence on IMSLP or make it pop back up again by going to the Kyrie category page like before. Nor could I find anything about it when I searched for variations of IMSLP, AI, chat box, chat bot, and Ludwig. There appears to be no record of this thing's existence on IMSLP or on the internet anywhere that people talk about IMSLP. So my question is, has anyone else interacted with an AI called Ludwig that was specifically designed for music questions? Has anyone else had it come up on IMSLP? If not than who or what the heck was I talking to, how did it find me and should I be worried?
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Spent two weeks communicating with an AI on IMSLP

Post by Sallen112 »

Right now its a new feature for the website. At some point, were getting a new Website API which I believe will be more improved by then. If its not showing up, I assume it got taken down for more tinkering and improvements.
ComposingComposer

Re: Spent two weeks communicating with an AI on IMSLP

Post by ComposingComposer »

Thanks. When I couldn't find it I started to worry I had been talking to some kind of a hacker.