Last Sorabji piece of the year

Requests for works who died less than 50 years ago and were first published more than 95 years ago.

Moderators: Carolus, Sallen112, cypressdome, Copyright Reviewers

Wilh3lm
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Last Sorabji piece of the year

Post by Wilh3lm »

This is the last Sorabji piece published 1926 or earlier that still needs to go up: Trois Poemes, KSS 21.
https://www.worldcat.org/title/trois-po ... ef_results
The next pieces will be the Waltz Fantasy and Le Jardin Parfume, published 1927, which will be going up next year. After that, Opus Clavicembalisticum goes PD in 2027 (published 1931), followed by all of Sorabji's oeuvre in Canada in 2039.
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Last Sorabji piece of the year

Post by Sallen112 »

OK go ahead. Can I ask one question? How many more works do you think you might be submitting that are PD-USA? You have made quite a number of posts recently so just give me an idea on how many more you wish to submit is all to IMSLP of PD-USA composers.
Wilh3lm
regular poster

Post by Wilh3lm »

From here on (except the future Sorabji works) I will only upload PD-US works when I find them. I've pretty much run out of PML-US material at this point.
Wilh3lm
regular poster

Post by Wilh3lm »

Uploaded!
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

Ok thanks.
ahinton
regular poster

Post by ahinton »

Wilh3lm wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:48 pm This is the last Sorabji piece published 1926 or earlier that still needs to go up: Trois Poemes, KSS 21.
The next pieces will be the Waltz Fantasy and Le Jardin Parfume, published 1927, which will be going up next year. After that, Opus Clavicembalisticum goes PD in 2027 (published 1931), followed by all of Sorabji's oeuvre in Canada in 2039.
I understand that changes in Canadian copyright legislation are due and, if implemented, Canada woule likewise be subject to the incresingly prevalent 70-year term.

Opus Clavicembalisticum will by 2027 almost certainly benefit from a new typeset edition that will render the original publiation pretty much surplus to requirements; moreover, the copy of the original publication that we supply from The Sorabji Arhive is not the unadulterated one as published but one bearing many corrections n the composer's hand in any case.
ahinton
regular poster

Post by ahinton »

Apologies. Please ignore previous response as it contains errors and I seem unable to delete it; what follows is the corrected version.
Wilh3lm wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:48 pm This is the last Sorabji piece published 1926 or earlier that still needs to go up: Trois Poemes, KSS 21.
I understand that changes in Canadian copyright legislation are due and, if implemented, Canada will likewise be subject to the increasingly prevalent 70-year term that already applies in the majority of countries.

Opus Clavicembalisticum will by 2027 almost certainly benefit from the new typeset edition currently in progress; this will render the original publiation pretty much surplus to requirements. Moreover, the copy of the original publication as supplied by The Sorabji Archive is in any case not the unadulterated one as published (which has multiple errors on every one of its 248 pages) but one bearing many corrections in the composer's hand.
Last edited by ahinton on Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DBMiller
active poster

Post by DBMiller »

ahinton wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:51 pm I understand that changes in Canadian copyright legislation are due and, if implemented, Canada will likewise be subject to the increasingly prevalent 70-year term that already applies in the majority of countries.
That is true of Canadian copyright law. But the US copyright on 1927 publications will indeed expire in 2023.