Request for Vieuxtemps and Lalo

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

bounci.rabbit.123

Request for Vieuxtemps and Lalo

Post by bounci.rabbit.123 »

As the Score Requests page is closed, I felt that this was the next most appropriate forum to post this in.

Does anyone have a digital copy of Vieuxtemps's Violin Concerto No.5 and Lalo's Concerto Russe for Violin? I have spent hours searching for it and have turned up next to nothing. I was planning to order it, but I'd like to see if any of you have it. I think these were on this site before it was taken down, and if any of you have downloaded it I'd really appreciate to have a copy.

I'm not asking for you to post it on this thread; rather, if you have it, please send me a PM. This way we can avoid any possible copyright issues.

Thank you.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

There is a reason why it is closed, because of the situation, we are not allowing transferral of scores.

If someone has it, the PM system doesn't stop copyright.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

If the compositions are truly PD, would there be any problems or issues if the scores are transferred via normal e-mail? I don't have both scores by the way, I do have the score to Lalo's Symphonie Espagnole, however.
bounci.rabbit.123

ArcticWind7 wrote:There is a reason why it is closed, because of the situation, we are not allowing transferral of scores.

If someone has it, the PM system doesn't stop copyright.
I knew perfectly why it was closed. I was merely asking. If anything, I could send a user my email and we could transfer email, rather than that directly through private message.

Thanks anyways. If anyone does have it, just let me know.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

It will have to go through the normal system, if someone finds it, make sure of it's copyright in the copyright forum.
bounci.rabbit.123

What do you mean by normal system? Just to verify that it's in the public domain?
Generoso
active poster

Vieuxtemps

Post by Generoso »

Well until the IMSLP site is up and running I do not see any harm in showing you a link to the Vieuxtemps Concerto no. V, in A minor, for violin with accompaniment of orchestra. Op. 37. Edited and fingered by Henry Schradieck. With a biographical sketch of the author by Richard Aldrich
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

The copyright needs to be verified before you can post that link here.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Which would be the main reason why it is best to wait until IMSLP is back online, as once a score is submitted its copyright status can be verified. Unless of course, you can prove that the score is PD.
Generoso
active poster

Vieuxtemps

Post by Generoso »

For your information, ArticWind7, I have added hundreds of scores to the IMSLP so I do know a little about whether or not a piece is Public Domain or not. Just because it is not on the IMSLP does not necessarily mean that it is not Public Domain!! This score most certainly IS!

This edition of the Vieuxtemps Vilin Concerto No. 5 Op. 37 in a minor was published by G. Schirmer, in New York in 1901.

Since you are a monitor here you must know that this IS public domain in in every country in the world!

Please know that IMSlP is contributed to by hundreds of normal people like myself. If it were not for the people contributing all these scores there would not be so many scores (at last count give or take 13,000).
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

For your information, ArticWind7, I have added hundreds of scores to the IMSLP so I do know a little about whether or not a piece is Public Domain or not. Just because it is not on the IMSLP does not necessarily mean that it is not Public Domain!! This score most certainly IS!
The forum is different from the wiki, it doesn't matter whether you have uploaded to the wiki. You have to provide a date for the publication otherwise I will assume a possible infringement.
Since you are a monitor here you must know that this IS public domain in in every country in the world!
I know the composer is.
Please know that IMSlP is contributed to by hundreds of normal people like myself. If it were not for the people contributing all these scores there would not be so many scores (at last count give or take 13,000).
It was over 15,000

You can provide the links now. I sent them to you to make sure you didn't lose them.
Generoso
active poster

Post by Generoso »

Sorry about that, I understand the need to be careful.

Vieuxtemps, Henri. (1820-1881)
Concerto for violin and orchestra, No.5, Op.37, in A minor
Published: G. Schirmer, New York, 1901.

I hope this helps?
:?
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Hi Generoso,
No offense but it may also be helpful to provide some information about the editor too, since any work which is originally PD might be rendered copyrightable if it has been edited by an editor (depending on the nationality). Since Henry Schradieck was born in the last century (1846) I think we can safely say that this work is PD at least in Canada.
Please do not get me and ArticWind7 wrong here. We are just trying to make absolutely sure that anyworks works, even if they are taken from music libraries such as Rochester or Sibley, are 100% public domain in Canada. You do not want a repeat of what happened to IMSLP because of a certain Viennese music publisher claiming some works uploaded are not PD in Europe, do you?
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

If this is the correct person: "The company was founded in 1861 by German-born Gustav Schirmer, Sr. (1829-1893)."
are 100% public domain in Canada. Y
Actually, it has to be in the US. It is to the best of my knowledge that these free phpbb forums are indeed hosted in the US, and are thus required to follow US copyright law.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Since you have one of the pieces (Which I certainly do not, did not, and will not want given*) I am moving this to the score Requests where it will not be able to post anything in.

*Since you are able to receive the PDF, it gives others precedent to receive PDFs, which we do not want.