Louis Adam: 3 piano sonatas Op.8

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

coulonnus
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Louis Adam: 3 piano sonatas Op.8

Post by coulonnus »

Or Jean-Louis Adam. There is a Minkoff reprint ot the first 2, from 1983.
Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Louis Adam: 3 piano sonatas Op.8

Post by Eric »

btw is this the same "Adam (L.)" some of whose works were still being published at least into the 1830s? (according to Hofmeister M., at least, "Pianoforteschule 1ste–7te Lief.", published or republished in 1838 and 8. Lief published later in 1838.) (Apparently he died in 1848, so maybe so.) The andante from one of the op.8 sonatas was reprinted in 1847 by a Cheltenham publisher, I see on Worldcat. As for his late works, see this

1842 manuscript of his at the NY City Pierpont Morgan Library.

Apologies since not the question you asked- you just made me curious...

Gallica.bnf.fr has digitized two pieces of salon music published in the 1870s by "Louis Adam" - possibly not the same composer, they give his dates as 18..-18.. to express reasonable doubt - though conceivably posthumously published by the composer of the Walse de caractère (don't know. Maybe too stylistically different even so. Haven't looked at the Waltz and the pieces @ Gallica to even hazard a guess. _Maybe_, I say. :) )

Worldcat lists 3 sonatas op.7 published in 1793 by Nadermann- by the way, it's worth finding them and the Minkoff reprint and checking to make sure they're not the same sonatas under different titles...