Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

carmar1791
active poster

Viotti

Post by carmar1791 »

I think these pages should be merged because there are the same duos

Greetings

Carmar
Last edited by carmar1791 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Viotti

Post by KGill »

All done. A question, though: why does the first set seem to have two different opus numbers (6 and 29)? It's the same music...
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

Problems about Viotti and his opus number (like many others autors) are these:

Many editors (ancient) tried to pubblish opera omnia and all works were divided for instrument, so you can find string trios Op. 1 but there were others Op1:Sonatas for violin Op.1, String quartet Op.1 etc..
Others editors choose to put opus number in a progressive way so you can find string trios op 1 , string quartet op2 etc but other
editors started op 1 with sonatas for violin , op 2 with cello sonatas etc.. a very very big confusion.

For all about viotti I used the most common opus number (the first numbers), and a modern more scientific opus number (number in brachets).
The first way creates problem I told you.
The second way is not perfect : there are always new discoveries so it should be updated too.

I hope to have been exhaustive.

A question: Why the cake of the page is updated only when I'm logged?When I log out I can see only the old page.

Thank you for all
Greetings

Carmar
KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by KGill »

Thank you for the explanation. You have done a lot of work including the 'scientific' catalogues.
I think the old page was still visible because there was some kind of problem with double redirects. It should now work all right. If not, it shouldn't take more than a day or two to update.
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

Thank you for all

Greetings

Carmar