Removing Files

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

ras1
active poster

Removing Files

Post by ras1 »

Are non-admins allowed to delete files? There are two scores that need to be deleted.

1. Dvorak Symphony No.8 Complete Score (this is a duplicate - the same score is now split into files by movement)

2. Brahms Concerto for Violin and Cello, the file at the bottom of the page. This contains the Elibron logo. I removed the logo and split the file into parts, which are higher up on the page.

Thanks!
-Ras1
imslp2

Post by imslp2 »

I would suggest using the Delete template; you can navigate to the image page of the file, and add {{delete|<specify reason here>}} to the image page.

To get to the image page, just copy the file name, paste it onto the wiki url with an "Image:" prefix, for example, "http://imslp.org/wiki/Image:Somefile.pdf".

After you add the delete template to the page, an admin should come around and remove the file :)
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

As for the Dvorak, there is no need to delete the complete score. I recently had a conversation with a musicologist who expressed a preference for the complete scores to download - despite their large size. He has a T1 connection, so 'size doesn't matter'.
ras1
active poster

Post by ras1 »

Thanks for your help!