My own file is blocked! what is this suppose to mean?!

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

mk1983
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

My own file is blocked! what is this suppose to mean?!

Post by mk1983 »

I have submitted my own composition and now it is blocked with the reason "reviewed for copyright". What copyright you're talking about?! this is MY piece, I can show you Finale's sources of this!

what is the real reason to block this file? blocked file can be accessed here.
Melodia
active poster

Re: My own file is blocked! what is this suppose to mean?!

Post by Melodia »

It seems fine now. All files need to be approved before they can be DLed by others, which is what I imagined happened.
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: My own file is blocked! what is this suppose to mean?!

Post by pml »

Dear Mark,

this is not just about you: every file is initially blocked from general downloading until it is given a review, otherwise we would have people pirating copyrighted works all over the place (and often did, some years back). The site has a team of around a dozen copyright reviewers who are geographically distributed across the globe, so the initial block should be no longer than a few hours.

Yes, this differs substantially from other sites where content is removed only on the basis of complaints about a copyright violation. The DMCA "safe harbour" provisions are usually treated by the users of those sites as an excuse to flagrantly breach copyright law until they get caught out, since it seems a large amount of usage of copyrighted materials is done without any permissions being sought from the copyright owners.

Regards, Philip (IMSLP Copyright Review team)
--
PML (talk)