sevcik opus 1 part 1

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

rudsdale
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

sevcik opus 1 part 1

Post by rudsdale »

I have been teaching myself to play the violin for two years, and have come across many confusing items, but with the help of books and the internet have managed to work most things out, but I just dont understand some of the musical notes in exercise 29 of the above mentioned, bar 162, what do the dots and numbers mean, and is this straight line through the note the same as reiteration marks, which i thought were diagonal, and are they played as tremolo or in another way? Also in Sevcik op 2 part 1, exercise 7, bar 91, do I play three notes for each muscial note written because of the 3 marks above the notes. I really hope someone can help me on this as cannot find any information on this notation anywhere.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: sevcik opus 1 part 1

Post by KGill »

The dots are a way of abbreviating repeated notes, and the numbers tell you how many to play per written sixteenth note. In that particular bar, it appears there are two different versions - the first (162) with two 32nd notes per 16th (two dots), and the second (163) with three 32nds (i.e. play them as triplets - signified by three dots and the number 3).
Also, could you post in 'Music Related' next time? :wink:
rudsdale

Re: sevcik opus 1 part 1

Post by rudsdale »

Thanks very very much for the really speedy reply. It all seems really obvious now, but nice to know for sure. Will try to get in the right topic area next time too. :? Thanks again!