"From the Library of LC"?

Moderator: kcleung

mr_roberts_z

"From the Library of LC"?

Post by mr_roberts_z »

Hi (sorry if this is the wrong place to post this)

I've seen several uploaded scores around the net that, according to either a stamp on the page or a digital signature, come from something called the "Library of LC". The stamp says "from the fabulous collection of LC". The scores that I've been able to find that come from it are extremely interesting (and evidently rare). A typical example is this Mozart concerto reduction by Reinecke (from the Henselt Library website, which is scattered with several LC scores here and there), which I haven't been able to find anywhere else: http://www.henseltlibrary.org/Mozart_-_ ... cke%29.pdf. This LC collection seems like a gold mine for rare scores like these.

The only problem is that according to Google, the Library of LC doesn't exist. The only thing that Google suggests is the Library of Congress, which doesn't sound right. The digital signatures seemed to be signed in 2007, so they can't be that old.

Does anyone know anything about this collection?

Thanks in advance.
Jean-Séb
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: "From the Library of LC"?

Post by Jean-Séb »

This is the watermark of one of the most fabulous contributors to many score sharing forums (GFF and pianophilia inter alia), I've named Il Signor Caprotti. Many of the scores that have finally surfaced on the Henselt Library or here on IMSLP have been scanned by him (even if they are sometimes notes as scanned by "unknown"). So don't look for any public library; get invited by Caprotti and he might show you his private library!
Jean-Séb
mr_roberts_z

Post by mr_roberts_z »

Thank you very much for the information, Jean-Séb. Indeed, the contributions are amazing.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

If you want to thank him, his user page on IMSLP is at http://www.imslp.org/wiki/User:Caprotti.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"