Moderator: kcleung

Odin
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

An unusual question

Post by Odin »

Hello

On the main page there is a note which says that scores are not the only things we
can contribute.

Now - I would like to contribute some pictures showing an artistic craftwork which
I made myself last year. It is a little runestone in the old viking fashion, as they
were made here in Sweden about 1000 years ago.

I made this little runestone for the honour and the memory of my very dear late
lamented friend Monika Lang, whom I also dedicated several musical works.

Is it OK if I want to publish a few pictures showing my runestone which now is
standing on her grave ?

Regards from

Odin
Scientist, composer and runestone maker
Odin
NLewis
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: An unusual question

Post by NLewis »

On IMSLP we don't publish artwork. It's a music library. By "scores are not the only thing we contribute" it meant that recordings are also permissible. There other websites for your kind of work I'm sure.

Cheers,
NLewis
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

No, actually, it doesn't mean that recordings are also permissible - the notice was there years before the recordings feature was added. What it means is that you can also contribute by doing cleanup work, CR, adding to the encyclopedic content (e.g. publisher descriptions, worklists), and so on. In any case, we aren't Wikimedia Commons, so I don't think you should upload these images unless they serve to illustrate some aspect of one of your musical works (in which case it's probably OK for you to link to them on the work page).
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Provided it is relevant to the work at hand, there is no objection to the inclusion of artwork...

For a fine example of artwork illustrating a work, Biber’s Rosary Sonatas display the engravings from the original MS...

Regards, PML
--
PML (talk)