notes.tarakanov.net

Moderator: kcleung

ras1
active poster

notes.tarakanov.net

Post by ras1 »

There are hundreds of scores here. Many of them are foreign, but most are high quality and all are free to download. I don't know which scores follow public domain regulations for which countries, but many of the scores are clearly public domain and are missing from IMSLP. If IMSLP could acquire these, it would be a great addition and would fulfill a lot of the wishlist.

Translated by Google, the best pages are here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... %26hl%3Den

and here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... %26hl%3Den

There are other good scores hidden all over the site, though.
ras1
active poster

Post by ras1 »

Unfortunately, many of the scores are in a format of one TIFF file per page, which then need to be converted to PDF and combined. This is pretty annoying to do.

Also, some scores have logos from places like Elibron.com, which need to be removed.
scottorr
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by scottorr »

It's not that difficult. I wouldn't mind doing some of them if you or anyone else can locate anything from the wishlist or something they want.
ras1
active poster

Post by ras1 »

Another problem is that for some of the scores, it's hard to tell if they're in the public domain. Some from the wishlist are the Wieniawski Scherzo-Tarantelle under notes.tarakanov.net/violin.htm, which needs the Elibron logo removed, or Schubert Symphony No.5 Score at the bottom of the Symphony Orchestra section.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

We already have quite a few scores from the Tarakanov site. The big things to keep in mind are 1) to abide by the copyright guidelines; 2) pay special attention to those items with Elibron or CDSM logos. Logos must not appear at all on files posted at IMSLP. CDSM has the logo on every single page, for example.

One of the areas where Tarakanov has a fair number of items that we could ultimately use here are the complete vocal scores for Verdi and Puccini operas - which are all unfortunately CDSM items filled with logos that would have to be removed from all pages. I already did a clean-up and posting for Puccini's "Edgar" which took some time to prepare.
Benjamin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Wieniawski - Scherzo-tarantelle

Post by Benjamin »

ras1 wrote: Some from the wishlist are the Wieniawski Scherzo-Tarantelle under notes.tarakanov.net/violin.htm, which needs the Elibron logo removed...
Thank you very much.
I love you for this information :)

For others searching for the Scherzo-tarantelle by Wieniawski:

http://notes.tarakanov.net/violin.htm
Just search for "Венявский"