Tchaikovsky Complete Ballet Scores...

Moderator: kcleung

horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by horndude77 »

Here's a video of one in action: http://www.archive.org/details/scanning_robot. Too bad they're so expensive and huge. On a related note, I've been reading a bit about super-resolution from multiple images. I have dreams of software where you just take a video of the page with a cheap webcam and it automatically de-curls, estimates light sources, figures out the book bounds, straightens and spits out a high quality 600dpi image. I've seen a few papers where they do just about all of this with a cell phone camera. Pretty neat stuff.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Carolus, is your Kalmus reprint of the Sleeping Beauty the same reprint of the Jurgensen score? I have the Eulenburg miniature score of Sleeping Beauty and according to the preface, it's a reprint of the original Jurgensen score. The page count is 1082 pages.
Bryan P. C. C.

Post by Bryan P. C. C. »

Thank you so much Carolus, I think there aren't enough words to say how much I am thankful for this, I've been dreaming of seeing this score for so many years, I have already watched the new pages on IMSLP and I am so excited !!!!! It's like discovering the music again, understanding it at last !!!!!! Thank you !!!
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

Well, this little conversation inspired me to complete Act I. So we now have the Prologue and Act I, plus the complete piano reduction by Siloti.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

Vivaldi, that Eulenburg score is probably a reprint of the same Muzgiz score I just posted (Prolog and Act I). As far as I know, the only score ever issued before the Muzgiz was a lithograph of a copyist's manuscript issued jointly by Jurgenson and their German agent D. Rahter. It was prepared by a copyist in Hamburg and is in 2 volumes, 705 pages total. This score is extremely rare because only about 50 copies were ever printed. There are probably no more than 10 in existence today.

If you want to scan a few pages of the Eulenburg and post we can compare. It would be highly unusual for Eulenburg to have gone to the expense of engraving a 1000-page score fresh, but it is not completely impossible. Jurgenson engraved and printed a few excerpts from the ballet, plus the Suite, Op.66a which was made by Siloti after the composer's death.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Will do. I will scan the first few pages of the Introduction.
CyMaAnCh

Post by CyMaAnCh »

Does anyone have acts II and III of the Sleeping Beauty ? :oops:
pianoismydelight

The Sleeping Beauty acts II/III

Post by pianoismydelight »

OH yes pleeeaase this would be wonderful to see the score. I dream of seeing it!!!!!!!! it is so exciting :shock: :oops: :lol: