pdf files uploaded and acknowledged but don't appear on work

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Patientmerit
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

pdf files uploaded and acknowledged but don't appear on work

Post by Patientmerit »

I uploaded three pdf files of one of my compositions using the correct work page Upload Scores function. They did not appear on the work page. When I tried to re-upload the files with more detailed filenames, the system responded "already uploaded". Since then I've learned (I think!) that the are (at least) two conditions for an uploaded file to get to the corresponding work page rather than disappear into the ether, namely (1) There must be enough detail (2) the filename words must all be connected with underscores. Is that correct? BUT anyway, I am unable to make this correction because whatever I do to the filenames, the system responds already uploaded! Any suggestions?

Thanks - Bernard Samuel Super (User ID: Patientmerit)
cypressdome
active poster

Re: pdf files uploaded and acknowledged but don't appear on

Post by cypressdome »

It appears that none of the three files for the score of Toccata were registered as belonging on that work page when you uploaded them. Why that is I'm not sure. The audio file is there. I've deleted the orphan files so you should be able to upload them again using the "Add File" link in the upper right corner of the work page for Toccata.

Cypressdome
Patientmerit

Post by Patientmerit »

Thanks for deleting the 'orphan' files. I will now try to upload the pdf files (one at a time, this time around!) using more detailed filenames and connecting all the words by underscores. Does this sound right?

Bernard Samuel Super (Patientmerit)
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

I see that your score is now available to download so it obviously went through this time. There shouldn't be any need to include underscores or long detailed file names. One of the more popular files on the wiki is simply named FS8.pdf (without the automated PMLP prefix). It's a full score of Schubert's Symphony No.8.

Cypressdome
Patientmerit

Post by Patientmerit »

Thanks, Cypressdome, for your response. It does raise the question, however, of why my original attempt to upload those pdf files failed? It could, of course, be due to some fumble by me!

I look forward to viewing FS8.pdf, since I hope to reach the point where I can upload some of my own full orchestral scores.

Best regards - Bernard