JS Bach BWV 70 score

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

gapc
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

JS Bach BWV 70 score

Post by gapc »

Please note that page 358 of the score is missing.
In its place was included a refuse.
Regards
jossuk
active poster

Re: JS Bach BWV 70 score

Post by jossuk »

I just looked at the full score, and pg. 358 is there. (#4, Alto recitative) The page numbers are not always very legible, however.
I don't know what a "refuse" might mean.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

jossuk wrote:I don't know what a "refuse" might mean.
Certainly a modification of the Italian "refuso", which means "typo", or "erratum" (nice Latin word that can be probably understood by native speakers of many languages).

Max
gapc

Post by gapc »

I apologise for my previous note, which was poorly written.

Page 32 of 42 of the pdf document should contain page 358 of the old Bach-Gesellschaft Ausgabe publication.
As a matter of fact it contains something else, as it can be seen by confronting its previous and its following page.
Furthermore, the "missing page" should belong to the 8th movement of the cantata, i.e. a Tenore aria (not an Alto aria, labelled 4).

("refuse", used in English as an adjective or noun is obviously of Latin/French origin. In this context means discarded, rejected... sorry if I misused it)
jossuk
active poster

Post by jossuk »

Upon further examination, you are certainly correct. The "wrong" page is apparently from BWV 69a, and the recitative seems to be page 378 rather than 358.
I found another source (Bachcantatas.com) for BWV 70, and the same error, including the incomplete tenor aria, exists there. One must wonder whether the original Bach-Gesellschaft edition was somehow misprinted, or whether it was mis-scanned by an intermediary source.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

The original edition of the Bach Gesellschaft is correct, i replaced the wrong page from there.