The March of the Women (Smyth, Ethel)

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

nevilley
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

The March of the Women (Smyth, Ethel)

Post by nevilley »

Hello. On the "Arrangements and transcriptions" tab for "The March of the Women (Smyth, Ethel)" there is a score, as you might expect, but the second item is, perhaps, an error. It says it is a "Complete viola part with text" but it links to exactly the same PDF as the other, namely #425986. I'm not seeing it as a viola part even if I try to be nice about it! Apologies if this does make sense in some way and if so please explain it to me; otherwise, I think it is probably a mistake, so could it please be corrected?

Thanks and best wishes

Nevilley

PS apologies if this message is one huge faux pas or indeed a whole series of smaller ones ... I don't think I have posted here before. Please don't maul the (oldie) newbie!
nevilley

Re: The March of the Women (Smyth, Ethel)

Post by nevilley »

And a supplementary question please, if you don't mind: what is the relationship between where I am right now, and this: https://imslp.org/index.php?title=Speci ... C+Ethel%29, and where is the best to post with a query? Yes, I am a little confused ... sorry!
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

It appears that Elaine Fine used the same file name as Owaine1's uploaded file so the system treated it as a duplicate file. I've left a message on Elaine's talk page to see if she can upload the file again using a different file name. I don't think I can explain the relationship between the imslp forums (here--imslpforums.org) and the forums on the actual wiki (imslp.org). Posts on imslpforums would certainly be more "public" than those on the wiki but wiki admins and longtime contributors monitor and respond to posts on both sites.
nevilley

Post by nevilley »

That's great, many thanks for the clarification.

Best wishes, Nevilley
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Elaine has uploaded her viola arrangement which is now available.