Pages missing from Sibley transfer (Jadin trio)

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Ozaru
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Pages missing from Sibley transfer (Jadin trio)

Post by Ozaru »

https://imslp.org/wiki/3_String_Trios,_ ... Hyacinthe) has parts for Violin 1, Violin 2 and Cello.

However, the cello part (9 pages, 820K) only contains Trio #1 and Trio #2, not Trio #3.
The filename is SIBLEY1802.8076.556a-39087009064058.cello.pdf

Checking on Sibley, I found the cello part is complete (14 pages, 939K) at http://hdl.handle.net/1802/8076

Maybe some error occurred during the transfer from Sibley to IMSLP?
Or maybe Sibley itself contained an error at the time of the mirroring, but was later updated (and IMSLP not)?

Whatever the reason, this ought to be updated. I'm not used to editing errors of this type: can someone more experienced do it?
If you could also explain how to do it if a similar situation arises again, that would be helpful.
cypressdome
active poster

Re: Pages missing from Sibley transfer (Jadin trio)

Post by cypressdome »

I have replaced the file with the corrected file from Sibley. If you click on the number (41495) below the word "cello" that will take you to the file's information page. On that page is a link for "Upload a new version of this file" which will allow you to upload the copy taken from Sibley. The page at Sibley shows that the cello part has only been downloaded 4 times compared to 137 and 95 for the violin parts and that the page, created in 2009, was updated in 2017. I would venture to guess that someone discovered the cello part was incomplete and Sibley corrected it at that time. Thanks for catching this.
Ozaru

Post by Ozaru »

Thanks for solving this and explaining. One quick follow-up: am I right to think that transferring a 'new' piece from Sibley to IMSLP can go 'direct' (with some metadata copied across automatically)... whereas replacing a file, as in this case, requires downloading from Sibley to your own PC then uploading again to IMSLP afterwards?
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Correct, you cannot use the Sibley option of the "add sheet music" routine to replace an existing file. Doing that would have added a new file which would have necessitated deleting the old file off the server.