Moderator: kcleung

aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Viola music on CD

Post by aldona »

I thought this looked interesting.

Somebody has just listed on eBay a CD collection of 6600 pages of viola music that he has compiled himself. He describes 30 years of library visits and 3 years of scanning etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0286011540

I wonder how many of these pieces are not on IMSLP yet and what their copyright status is.

This might be a worthwhile project for any viola enthusiasts out there, if you feel like acquiring a copy. (my time is too limited - and I'm still sorting through my flute music collection!)

Aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

Great collection.
I have got the most part of that music but knowing viola editions and editors I think that 80% is not PD.Many pieces are already on imslp,and most part are copyes of modern edition (not PD).and many others(Chamber music)bring from links of libraries that are already on imslp.
B.T.W. this is a big collection and surely 10-20 titles are in PD and suited for imslp.