Beethovens sonata no.5 in F major (spring) op.24 (1801)

Moderator: kcleung

xxholyghostx
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Beethovens sonata no.5 in F major (spring) op.24 (1801)

Post by xxholyghostx »

Hi I chose to play beethovens spring sonata on the piano for my end of year assessment at college, but I am having some trouble with the chords in the first part. I cant seem to work out what they are. I am trying to play the chords that I see on the sheet but it doesnt sound right I don't know why. It just doesnt seem like the chords i think they are, are the correct ones. Does anyone know the chords for this on piano? I would like to know whether I am playing the right chords or not. I do already have the score and music, but for some reason having trouble with the chords. Any help would be great as the sonata is soo beautiful.
sbeckmesser
active poster
notabot2: Human

Re: Beethovens sonata no.5 in F major (spring) op.24 (1801)

Post by sbeckmesser »

I just looked over the piano part available at IMSLP and everything looked perfectly straightforward to me. Even the chords in the violin part are relatively easy, being in 1st position, at least for the 1st movement. Can you cite specific measures where you think the music goes wrong? Don't forget the piano part is accompanying a violin and sometimes the harmony might seem a little off because the violin is playing the notes you might be missing.

--Sixtus
susana
notabot2: Bot

Re: Beethovens sonata no.5 in F major (spring) op.24 (1801)

Post by susana »

:) :) :(