F. S. Lischke - plate numbers and publication dates.

Moderator: kcleung

flute0001
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

F. S. Lischke - plate numbers and publication dates.

Post by flute0001 »

Dear Friends,

I am trying to find the publication date of Heinrich Soussmann's Trois Duos Concertants, Opus 2. It was published in Berlin by F. S. Lischke. The plate number (edition number) is 981. This publisher isn't even mentioned on the Category:Music Publishers page. Do any of you know where this information could be found? TIA
Laurence W. Key
in Stuart, Florida
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: F. S. Lischke - plate numbers and publication dates.

Post by KGill »

The usual sources (http://hofmeister.rhul.ac.uk/2008/index.html, http://www.worldcat.org/) come up blank for this work; this could suggest either that it was published before 1828 (the year of the inception of Hofmeister's catalogue), or that it is simply too obscure to have been recorded. The only semblance of a date for any Lischke plate number I can find is on this page, where the plate 1440 is given as 'ca.1823'. Unfortunately, that's the best information I can find...the best hope is to get an approximate date by looking at dates for other publications where the plate number is known. (WorldCat might be able to help with that.)
Last edited by KGill on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix URLs
flute0001

Re: F. S. Lischke - plate numbers and publication dates.

Post by flute0001 »

Thanks to KGill for the WorldCat suggestion. Searching for everything published by Lischke only yielded 200 items, and there were enough plate numbers to answer my question. I think that O. E. Deutsch should upload his 40 lists to that Category:Music Publishers page.
Laurence W. Key
in Stuart, Florida