Anton Rubinstein Symphonies

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

music613
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Anton Rubinstein Symphonies

Post by music613 »

It would be nice to have all six of the Rubinstein Symphonies - the present "Ocean" symphony is the 4 movement version (not the complete, 7 movement version), and the score (pardon me) is not in the best shape. :( Any thoughts? Ditto for the Piano Concertos (the orchestra scores, not the piano reductions).
audunsj
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Anton Rubinstein Symphonies

Post by audunsj »

This has already been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1641&p=10573&hilit= ... ein#p10573 . It will however take quite a long time to scan all this. If you are in a hurry you can get pocket scores of nos. 1 - 5 from Hoeflich: www.musikmph.de .
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

@ audunsj

BTW, my offer still stands...
audunsj
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by audunsj »

And I have not forgot it :D Point is: I bought my copies of the symphonies from Hoeflich which are pocket scores. The problem is that the binding method (I don't know the english term for this particular type of binding) makes it quite hard to scan, when dealing with larger (150 pp+) scores. Since the prices are considerally higher than Elibron's I can't afford to buy two and cut the one for scanning, so it will take some time for me to be able to do the mid-pages (all of the symphonies are 200++pp). I'm halfway through the first and will do the 2nd version of the "Ocean" symphony quite soon.

BTW I'm sorry about the quality of the scan I made of the 1st version of the "Ocean". I will mind you that this was my first-ever scan, and I did not know all the functions of my software (which unfortunatly is not 100% compatible with my ops), I will however only take responsibility for the tilted pages (the discoloured parts of some pages are not my fault!), and anyone who feel like it can (off course) fix this if they got the right software. I will (also off course) do this myself when I get compatible and good enough software.

Important notice about the Hoeflich edition!!!! The version of the 2nd symphony "Ocean" offered by Hoeflich is the second version (of three). I have made them aware of the problem, and was notified that they are searching for a complete version.... However there are, as far as I have know after skimming through the 1st and 2nd versions, no conflicting elements in the movements common to the different versions. Any comments on this would be welcome.

If anyone would have access to more "easy"-scanned versions of the symphonies, these would off course be welcome :D
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

Can you send me a sample so I can have a look? Perhaps I can help before you waste a bunch of time on scans with sub-optimal settings. I know I've done that before...