C.P.E. Bach, Symphonies, Wq. 182

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

musicologyman
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

C.P.E. Bach, Symphonies, Wq. 182

Post by musicologyman »

I'm surprised that these aren't yet available on IMSLP. They've been recorded many times over, and by some rather illustrious HIP ensembles (Pinnock/English Concert; Hogwood/AAM, etc.), and they're often taught in 18th-century music surveys. I don't know what public domain sources are available, but it would be nice to see them here.

musicologyman
musicologyman
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: C.P.E. Bach, Symphonies, Wq. 182

Post by daphnis »

musicologyman, this is indeed a good request. The set (6 Symphonies) were most notably (and recently) published by Litolff/Peters ca. 1975 in edition by Traugott Fedtke, who is represented here at IMSLP through a few works. I'll put these 6 on my list of scores to scan as they would be public domain in Canada and the E.U., possibly the U.S., but I couldn't be certain just yet.
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Just posting to point out, this is apparently the 5,000th thread posted on these forums. Not hugely remarkable, but a nice round number all the same.

Cheers, Philip
--
PML (talk)
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

All 6 now available here: http://imslp.org/wiki/6_Symphonies,_Wq_ ... p_Emanuel). Note, however, that these are only going to be available to users NOT residing in the US due to copyright considerations. These are the first editions published in '75 and '76.