"Vingt Regards" by Olivier Messiaen

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Pianist46
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

"Vingt Regards" by Olivier Messiaen

Post by Pianist46 »

Does anybody have the complete piano score for "Vingt Regards sur l'Enfant-Jesus"? It is composed by the French composer Messiaen. I know it was composed in 1944, so I am pretty sure it would be under copyright in the US, but not in Canada (which is where I live.) That would be FANTASTIC!
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself." - J.S. Bach
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Re: "Vingt Regards" by Olivier Messiaen

Post by daphnis »

pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Under copyright worldwide until 2043 – Messiaen lived until 1992, and a minimum 50 years must elapse from that point.

Regards (x20), Philip
--
PML (talk)
sbeckmesser
active poster

Post by sbeckmesser »

I have a score. On a cost-per-page basis It is among the few relatively reasonably priced items among Messiaen's larger works. The score is 177 pages and cost me $75 in 2003. If you think that is expensive, just try to go after one of the more recent full scores (like the St. Francis opera)

--Sixtus
Pianist46

Post by Pianist46 »

Oh! Thank you, I am relatively new to the copyright laws and I thought it was 50 years from the date of publication. I think it is published by Durand et Cie, but is out of print (according to Long and McQuade.) I am thankful for anyone who has a score and will message them privately if they have a copy they are willing to sell.
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself." - J.S. Bach
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Try eBay. There's a copy going for $99.
bsteltz
jossuk
active poster

Post by jossuk »

Not out of print. Available to sheet music retailers via Hal Leonard, catalogue number #HL 50561288, $88.95