OPERA ORCHESTRAL PARTS

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Piano50meister
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

OPERA ORCHESTRAL PARTS

Post by Piano50meister »

Are there any plans in the future to have operatic orchestral parts here (besides overtures)?
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: OPERA ORCHESTRAL PARTS

Post by KGill »

Since most of them are either squirreled away in restrictive libraries where no one can get at them or hoarded by publishing companies charging approximately three arms and four legs for their rental, the appearance of operatic parts here is contingent upon IMSLP users' ability and willingness to wrest them from the grasp of the anti-free-music-distribution establishment. So no, we have no 'plans' to do so, as far as I know. :)
EDIT: It looks like CDSM hasn't yet released their upcoming opera collection (Mozart, Verdi, Puccini, etc. - they already did Wagner, which we have), so no luck with that route...
Piano50meister

Post by Piano50meister »

Appreciate that thanks. Looks like downloading Don Giovanni for $250.00
m.kowalski49
active poster

Post by m.kowalski49 »

I thought, I, had noticed on the Orchestral CD-R Musician's Library, they had mentioned these were foreseable in the near future.

Thus, I sent them an email with regards to there propisition on there website of the announcement of These fore-coming titles, and my reply was:

Thanks for your concern, and your enlightened email regarding this, but there will be nothing of this in the future..

so If anyone would also like to check out there site, maybe, I misinterperated something but the following is:

"UPCOMING DEVELOPMENTS
New Titles
We are constantly expanding our offerings in The Orchestra Musician's CD-ROM Library™ series. Among the new titles currently in development are collections for Opera (Mozart, Verdi, Wagner, Puccini) and Ballet. Updates on these forthcoming collections will be posted on our web site as the contents are finalized and the publication dates are imminent."

http://www.orchmusiclibrary.com/about.php

If one could browse this website at their convenience, it appears to be under the Upcoming Developments...

mk.49