page missing from Dancla Op. 62 duo, violin 2

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Dianeinboston
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

page missing from Dancla Op. 62 duo, violin 2

Post by Dianeinboston »

The third-to-last page of the 2nd violin part of the Dancla Op. 62 duo appears to be mis-scanned and is illegible. Was unable to figure out how to contact the person who scanned it.
coulonnus
active poster

Re: page missing from Dancla Op. 62 duo, violin 2

Post by coulonnus »

Do you mean page 9/11 of this scan: http://erato.uvt.nl/files/imglnks/usimg ... _Vn2Pt.pdf
obtained from this page: http://imslp.org/wiki/3_Duos,_Op.62_(Dancla,_Charles) ?
I do not understand the problem clearly.

Perhaps providing the exact URL should become a Forum Rule :-) Answering such questions would be easier!
Dianeinboston

Post by Dianeinboston »

Yes, that's right. Page 9 is unreadable. I'm a first time poster, so I didn't know the conventions. Next time I'll include the URL.Thanks.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

Well, I wouldn't say it's completely illegible - I can read it all right (though I don't think I'd want to play off of it, exactly) - but there's actually very little we can do about that scan since it comes from the University of Toronto and was just transferred here. UT is notorious for their awful scanning technique, and I think one or two of our users started a project to rescan opera vocal scores they'd done so they could actually appear here in a legible format; nonetheless, they have exposed quite a few curiosities that otherwise may not have been digitized at all yet, and therefore it's unlikely that any of their unreplaced scans will be removed. The hope in this case would be for someone else to find the part and make a new, better scan of it. Glancing at WorldCat, it looks like this is fairly commonly held in libraries across the world, so there is some hope for this. :)