PFITZNER Hans - Piano Concetro op 31

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

kataskionn
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

PFITZNER Hans - Piano Concetro op 31

Post by kataskionn »

Hello! Please, could somebody upload this file?

http://imslp.org/wiki/Piano_Concerto,_O ... ner,_Hans)
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: PFITZNER Hans - Piano Concetro op 31

Post by KGill »

What do you mean? There are six files already uploaded to that page. They are blocked from general access due to copyright reasons - the company that owns the site is located in the US, and they will be under copyright in that country until 1 Jan. 2019 (and in the EU until the following year, so they can't go on the EU server).
kataskionn

Post by kataskionn »

You gotta be kidding me. You really think it's honestly?

I just ask good people to upload files on mediafire, 4shared, etc.

And, yes, the year of the issue is 1923, which means almost 90 (!) years are gone. So I think the access must be granted to all the users.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

kataskionn wrote:I just ask good people to upload files on mediafire, 4shared, etc.
That would be breaking the law, which is discouraged by IMSLP; we strive to be a completely legal venture.
And, yes, the year of the issue is 1923, which means almost 90 (!) years are gone. So I think the access must be granted to all the users.
Since issues from 1923 through 1977 are eligible for 95 years of protection in the US, that's not going to happen. And every other country places importance on the composer's date of death - for example, EU law calls for a term of life plus 70 years, which will expire in 2020.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I'll just add that the copyright was renewed in the USA by Amalie Pfitzner in 1950. It is therefore protected for a full 95-year term from first publication there and will not expire until 1/1/2019.