Reverse search from my ear!

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

newton.lg

Reverse search from my ear!

Post by newton.lg »

I lost my hard drive info, so i just have my ipod's Music. Itunes don't let me know the song's names because...i don't know why. So, i have a cool piano song in there, and started to get it from my ear...but it's too hard:

It start's something like (just the melody) :

D5, C5, Bb4, Bb4-C5-Bb4, A4..... Bb4,A4,Ab4,G4.... Ab4,A4,Bb4,C5...D5,Eb5,A4,(unsure about two notes, and then)....G5,Gb5
and that's all i know.

(I'm a music ignorant, so i want you to know that for me, C5 is just one octave above middle C). Suspenssive dots (...) means phrasing separation, the commas ( , ) mean notes of almost the same duration, and the - means legato. I'm sorry i don't know of a software to make music sheet scores...

I want help of about the song, if some of you happen to have audiation hehe or if someone knows how to retrieve songs name from an ipod and a new itunes.
Thanks in advance
Vivaldi
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Vivaldi »

Hi, there are many music engraving softwares out there like Finale, Encore, Sibelius etc. Maybe you can try to download a free trial version and see if you can put the music into a viewable format. It's easier to recognize music this way (at least for me).
Sebastian
regular poster

Post by Sebastian »

Could you upload some of it? If you upload like 10-15 seconds, perhaps at a low bitrate like 64 kbps or less, I doubt any copyright holders would mind.

It's hard to make sense of the notes you wrote because we don't know the tempo, the meter and the duration of the individual notes.
newton.lg

Better on youtube

Post by newton.lg »

I better decided to put a video of myself playing the part that i get from ear. I hope it's good enough and someone is able to tell me the name of the song.

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=hJz8QefBLLA

Thanks for your replies.
Sebastian
regular poster

Post by Sebastian »

Sound a bit like Chopin's nocturne in g minor, Op. 37, nr. 1.
newton.lg

Yujuuuu

Post by newton.lg »

Thanks thanks a lot, it really is...i looked for it on youtube as chopin nocturne g minor...and there you go.

Thanks thanks a lot!!

:D