Baroque chorale preludes for organ

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Johann Casper Ferdinand F
regular poster

Baroque chorale preludes for organ

Post by Johann Casper Ferdinand F »

I'm working on a personal project to re-typeset the most significant of the Baroque chorale preludes for organ. The re-typeset chorales will be published on Mutopia.

Public domain scores are readily available for the works of the giants of the period -- Boehm, Pachelbel, Buxtehude, and J.S. Bach, and I have these in hand. I also have a manuscript facsimile for J.C.F. Fischer's chorales, and the Seiffert edition of Zachou's chorales is already on IMSLP.

I would appreciate the assistance of anyone who can provide scans of public domain editions of chorale preludes by: Walther, Krebs, Scheidt, and minor composers of the era such as other Bachs, Hanff, Armsdorf, Kittle, Alberti, Buttstedt, Marpurg, and the like.
PraeludiumUndFuge

Post by PraeludiumUndFuge »

I have chorales and preludes by Vincent Lubeck and Nicolaus Bruhns which I will try to scan in the next few days.
Do you have the Fischer chorales up already?
Good to have this post up, hopefully more people will contribute!
regular poster

The Fischer stuff is up but is awaiting copyright review. Apparently the process takes longer for typesets, since my Boehm scans were released right away.
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

Yes that's true, because in typesets the identity of and the specific permission from the typesetter is needed and this information tends to be forgotten on creation / submission. Feel free to give links of what you need to have reviewed.
regular poster

The one PraeludiumUndFuge refers to is at [[Ariadne Musica (Fischer, Johann Caspar Ferdinand)]]. There is also a typeset I posted at [[Preludes and Fugues for Organ, BWV 549-560 (Bach, Johann Sebastian)]].

Both of the typesets are my own work. Ariadne Musica is based primarily on the manuscript, a facsimile of which I have in hand, and the Eight Short Preludes and Fugues is based primarily on Bach-Gesellschaft. For both, other scholarly sources were consulted; the Eight includes full references including a list of all departures from Bach-Gesellschaft. Ariadne Musica is, generally, faithful to the manuscript, though I have crosschecked it against the 1935 Schott edition.
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

That is weird. Both files passed review already on Jul 23. You should be able to access them, and the tag should read !N/!N/!N. Maybe the clearing of browser cache will change the situation?