"IMSLP's biggest holes" - Most Wanted Scores

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

jimsheep
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Ukrainian Art Song Project

Post by jimsheep »

The Ukrainian Art Song Project is one of the most historically significant music projects in recent history. (link: http://www.uasp.ca) It would be a shame not to include it in this project.
Samis

Re: "IMSLP's biggest holes" - Most Wanted Scores

Post by Samis »

Hi, we're working on scenes from Bernstein's "Candide" at school and I'd think this might be one of the "biggest holes" since it isn't a random or unknown work of music. If anyone could upload it, it would be great.

Also, I would vote for Poulenc's "Banalites" -cycle. It's somewhat wellknown, I think, and I believe it would be useful to get online. =)

/edit: Candide -> I meant the vocal+piano score.
NLewis
active poster

Post by NLewis »

Candide can't be uploaded in accordance with copyright laws. It's under copyright worldwide since Bernstein died in 1990.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

Nor can Poulenc until 2014.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

Just about all Sibelius that is fair game has been uploaded. If this isn't the famous violin concerto then it is under copyright still and must have been posthumously published.
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

There's no other Sibelius concerto beyond the famous one (not even any small works for soloist and orchestra that aren't vocal)
panda
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by panda »

there are the Humoresques for violin and orchestra op 87 and 89, serenades for violin and orchestra op 69, and the Two pieces (Serious Melodies) op 77 but these are already on IMSLP.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

lohshuhan wrote:I don't recall seeing Sibelius's D minor Violin concerto when i browed the library a few weeks ago..
That's pretty strange, since we've had a page for it for years: http://imslp.org/wiki/Violin_Concerto,_ ... ius,_Jean) We have the full score, orchestral parts, and a piano reduction with the solo part.
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

panda wrote:there are the Humoresques for violin and orchestra op 87 and 89, serenades for violin and orchestra op 69, and the Two pieces (Serious Melodies) op 77 but these are already on IMSLP.

Er...yeah, forgot about those :P. Nothing not for violin and orchestra (or strings, in the case of the Suite which is in copyright), though (though granted, the serious melodies can be played on cello).
reynard61

Post by reynard61 »

If no one's mentioned it yet, I would dearly love to get ahold of F.J. Gossec's Requiem. Wolfgang Kiess of Vienna, Austria, publishes a version, but I've never been able to get them to answer their e-mails or phone to place an order. :x
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

I'm going to go ahead and lock this topic as it seems 1.) no significant lacking scores have been brought to light, or those that have have been filled, and 2.) most are missing the point of this thread.