Bruckner 3

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

sbeckmesser
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Bruckner 3

Post by sbeckmesser »

So I think we've firmly established that none of the Nowak=edited urtext scores can be uploaded at IMSLP. But I believe nearly all of the Symphonies are available in relatively inexpensive Eulenburg mini-score reprints, including all three Nowak versions of Sym. 3 (they are sitting on my shelf in front of me). If all that is needed is an orchestral part for a specific version it is possible to play from a mini score if you buy it and blow it up using an enlarging copier. Sure its tedious and inconvenient but it's much cheaper than renting a whole set of orchestral parts just to get one of them. The Bruckner Verlag study scores are larger than the Eulenburg versions and might be a better source for enlargement. They aren't that expensive (cheaper than the Mahler Urtext study scores).

--Sixtus

PS: Beware the Eulenburg version of Sym. 6. My copy was a laser-reprint and pretty much illegible when it came to 16th and shorter note values. While laser reprinting of written texts is a good way to keep them in print, it is NOT suitable for music, particularly mini scores. I ended up buying the Bruckner Verlag study score of the 6th.