Bazzini & Vieuxtemps

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

kennychoy_126

Bazzini & Vieuxtemps

Post by kennychoy_126 »

Does anyone have a copy of Bazzini's Violin Sonata and Vieuxtemps' Violin Concerto no.6? I can't find either of these anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
:)
jonfrohnen
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by jonfrohnen »

Hi Kenny, did you forget that I have all pieces by Vieuxtemps? ;-) [edit: we do not allow the discussion of file sharing here. If you want to do that, go somewhere else.]
Jonathan Frohnen
Naxos - 19th Century Violin Repertoire
aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by aldona »

If you have all the works by Vieuxtemps and they are not under copyright, please share them with the rest of us here!

(if they are copyright then you shouldn't be sharing them with anyone! :( )
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
jonfrohnen
regular poster

Post by jonfrohnen »

Sorry Aldona but I will not share my collection of 19th century violin music with a site run by the rude likes of whomever made the edit to my last post. I will indeed go somewhere else.
Jonathan Frohnen
jfarrington
active poster

Post by jfarrington »

As Vieuxtemps died in 1881, his works are PD, so it becomes a matter of edition. As it turns out, this is the only violin concerto of his that we do not have in our collection, although we've digitized several of his other concertos (1, 3, 5, and 7), some of them at Jon's request.
Jim
jonfrohnen
regular poster

Post by jonfrohnen »

Jim, I hope you know how much I and mannnnnyyy appreciate the program that you head at Sibley!
Jonathan Frohnen
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

May Sibley live long and prosper!

(bows in homage before manifestation of true greatness)
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Jon, I must ask forgiveness for the moderator who edited your post - I think they may have been a little fast on the trigger finger because we've had a number of folks here recently who've been wanting (almost demanding, actually) downloads for fully copyrighted works like the very-much alive Karl Jenkins, etc. - something which IMSLP has absolutely no intention of encouraging.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with putting up legitimate requests for public domain scores here.
kennychoy_126

Post by kennychoy_126 »

hm... I have a little confusion then. One of the moderators edited Jon's post by saying "we do not allow the discussion of file sharing here. If you want to do that, go somewhere else.", however, the title of this section is "Score Requests". So... what's the use of it?

not to bring up any argument or whatsoever, just want to clear up if it's still okay to ask about stuff like my original post, asking for the Bazzini and Vieuxtemps. if this indeed brings up problem as oppose to the site regulation, then I won't put up any request on this... er... Score Requests thread...

:wink:
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Perhaps the title of the "Score Requests" forum should be modified to "Score Requests (Public-Domain Only)".
jfarrington
active poster

Post by jfarrington »

aldona wrote:May Sibley live long and prosper!

(bows in homage before manifestation of true greatness)
Aw, shucks.... We're just trying to do our little part. I have to admit that I'm continually amazed at what people download in such vast quantities. In fact, our involvement in digitizing music came about from a request we had from the UK to obtain some piano music by Ignaz Brull for a recording they were doing. Who?

It's also worth pointing out in this context that one's local library--at least in the US and Canada, I'm less sure about EU countries--is a good place to go to obtain copies of works that are still under copyright. And by copies I don't mean necessarily photocopies, but the actual physical item. Libraries are continually loaning books, scores, recordings, and videos to one another. There sometimes may be a small cost involved, depending on a library's policies, and it's possible that even through their best efforts they won't be able to find a copy. This is particularly true with contemporary music which is so often available only by rental from the publisher. But you'll find that your local librarians will try to be as helpful as possible (just bear with some of them who have no background in music as they try to interpret your request).
Jim