.MUS files

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

rileymorgan797
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

.MUS files

Post by rileymorgan797 »

I am going to try to start a project to upload .MUS files for certain pieces, my priorities being concerti and small ensembles (quartets - quintets - trios). As a musician well above beginner status myself, I know practicing with the rest of the ensemble makes all the difference. I figure Finale makes it easy to manipulate the music, and would like to know of some easy - intermediate concerti or small ensembles to start my project.
steltz
active poster

Re: .MUS files

Post by steltz »

If MUS files are OK here, please don't bother with the Dittersdorf Notturno for 4 flutes -- I've already done it, but am waiting for it to be played and proofread by flutists. I plan on using it in a chamber music workshop, but that doesn't happen till end of March.

I'm also going to work on the Hasse concerto for winds (a chamber music piece, not a concerto in the later sense) for the same workshop.

But there is a wealth of things on IMSLP that are either manuscript, or concertos with no conductor's scores (conductor's were quite happy with 1st violin parts up to the more complicated Romantic works).
bsteltz
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

Please be aware that we do not accept uploads of .MUS or .SIB files (or anything other than PDF for that matter) any more. If you would like, you may use your typesetting program of choice in tandem with a free PDF printer driver to create the PDF, then attach the typeset file to the PDF output.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Sorry, that's what I was planning but didn't actually say that.

Rileymorgan797, there was a post earlier (probably under scanning and pdf creation) that tells you how to convert Finale to PDF if you don't already know how.
bsteltz
rileymorgan797

Post by rileymorgan797 »

Darn... the point was it that you could use the .MUS file, I know quite well how to use the convert to PDF feature. Oh well...