Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

dgljr5121973
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Vivaldi "Il Riposo" and other concerti

Post by dgljr5121973 »

My question is:

Could anyone add to the IMSLP a copy of the following full scores (non-manuscript), please:

RV 270 ("Il Riposo") E-Dur

Op. 3, Nos. 1-7, 9, and 11-12

Op. 4

Op. 7

Op. 9

Other concerti not in library already.
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Vivaldi "Il Riposo" and other concerti

Post by pml »

Only about 50 concertos you've requested there, before we get to your final line starting "Other"...

Maybe not full scores, but have CCARH been contacted about their sets of parts for Opp. 3 and 8, seeing as we have a number of their other scores available here? In both cases the full scores were published by Dover relatively cheaply (I am an enthusiastic owner of the Opus 3 score). I know the original poster didn't mention Opus 8, but we currently lack anything (either score or parts) for Op.8/#6,8-9,11-12, and some of those we do are re-typesets of variable quality. The Opus 8 set are all available as PDFs, but regrettably only the first of the Opus 3 set is. They are instead in the CFT format for DMuse, which is a Windows executable I'd rather not have to install to be able to get at the parts... and I would love CCARH to look at the other Vivaldi collections with opus numbers!

PML
--
PML (talk)
dgljr5121973
regular poster

Post by dgljr5121973 »

Unfortunately, CARH(?) is VERY selective in regards to the scores they have. The file format is (in most cases) NOT PDF, so therefore one would have to download the reader for their scores (which costs money), and in other cases, they do not have entire sets. I would also add Op. 10 and 12 sets as well, in addition to the Sinfonias (no Op. nos., all RV etc. nos.).

I would also include works in formats that Bach transcribed for Keyboard, as well. For example, Op. 4 No. 6 exists in TWO forms, the second of which Bach transcribed for Keyboard (BWV 975).

I would also like FULL SCORES. Parts can only go so far in recreating a work.

In regards to the Dover scores, I am not in charge of my own finances, so purchasing such scores would be out of the question without authorization.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

OK...so basically all of the vivaldi Op. numbers. I couldn't agree more. But it is a lot of work, and there are almost no PD editions of these works available.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"