Bartok Sonatas for violin and piano #1 & #2

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

jdbrown371
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Bartok Sonatas for violin and piano #1 & #2

Post by jdbrown371 »

I would very much like it if someone could upload Bartok Sonatas for violin and piano #1 & #2. If time permits I could go to MIT and photocopy it. As far as I know, the copyright expired and the few existing scores are public domain though I can't prove this.

Another piece I'd really like to see on the archive is Percy Grainger's Warriors. He did die in 1961 but his Warriors was composed long before then. More Grainger if possible, Lincolnshire Posy etc. would be a good thing.
JDBr
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

Welcome jdbrown371. The Bartok sonatas would be a fine addition to IMSLP. If you're in the USA, though, that could present a problem as they are not public domain here (I'm located in the US). Most Grainger titles are fine, because 1) Grainger became a US citizen in 1918; 2) Nearly all published works bear the copyright notce ©<year> Percy Aldrige Grainger; 3) He and (later) Ella were very haphazard about renewals. The Warriors is absolutely PD in the US (possibly PD in Canada also due to rule of shorter term), as is Lincolnshire Posy and scores of other works.

It might be a good idea to list titles you wish to post here on the copyright thread so I can tell you which ones are free.