work page title with single quotes

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

David Campbell
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

work page title with single quotes

Post by David Campbell »

I attempted to create a work page for a Pietro Yon piece using the title "La Concertina", Suite umoresca per the score. The system would not allow the double quotes and suggested single quotes. I followed this suggestion and the work page was created, but I get a page not found error when attempting to upload a file. Would removing the single quotes from the title fix this, and if so would a mod be so kind as to do so? Thank you.
cypressdome
active poster

Re: work page title with single quotes

Post by cypressdome »

This had been an issue in the past so I uploaded a test file to the page and the process was successful. Nevertheless, single quotes are generally reserved for when the work title is referencing the title of another work (something like Fantasy on a theme from 'Le nozze di Figaro'). I went ahead and moved the page to La concertina as that appears to be the title of the work and added Suite umoresca as an alternate title (subtitle for the work). Following Italian capitalization rules I made the "c" lower case. Hopefully, you shouldn't have a problem uploading it now. Thanks for all these great organ scores!

Cypressdome
David Campbell
active poster

Re: work page title with single quotes

Post by David Campbell »

Many thanks for the quick fix--the score uploaded fine.