Yamaha B2

Moderator: kcleung

Frederik
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Yamaha B2

Post by Frederik »

Hi,
I have recently bought a Yamaha B2 piano, with which I am very happy. There is minor flaw though: c# (the one on the left of the middle C) sort of 'buzzes' when struck. I have noticed this on other Yamaha uprights as well, but those were old and not well-maintained; furthermore, they had the 'buzz' on several notes centered around the c#. A tuner has come by, but I wasn't at home and she couldn't fix it.
Has anyone had a similar experience with a Yamaha piano? And, possibly, a solution? Thanks!
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

Is it an extra sound, not coming from a string, or is it just the unharmonic envelope of a badly tuned note? I have on my Yamaha C2 an extra sound which has a harmonic frequency of a fis2. I haven't found the origin of it, but it disappears as soon as the piano is opened - it might just be a loosened screw somewhere in the piano.

But I also have had odd sounds because of pencils dropped in the piano ... :)
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

It is not an unharmonic envelope, rather an extra sound. It does not disappear when I open the piano, however. But I'll keep the screw-suggestion in mind. Thanks! If any one else has an idea, I'll be tremendously obliged.
samthegreat
regular poster

-

Post by samthegreat »

every piano I've had has been like a cookie-monster, only with pencils instead of cookies. I guess that would make them "pencil-monsters"
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Could it be the frequency of the room making things vibrating?
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Maybe; I'll try moving the piano when I get home this weekend. Thanks!
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Hi, I don't know if this helps, but my piano also made a strange sound when a certain note is struck. I found that the problem is caused by the friction between the note and the notes on either side of it when the note is struck. So you may want to check if the notes are too close together to the point that they rub together when a certain note is struck, or when the note is struck, check to see if it rubs or makes contact with the notes beside it. Hope this helps!