Posts about Padrucci and IMSLPDroid.

Moderators: Philidor, gardano

Margaux3374
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Personal libruary

Post by Margaux3374 »

Hello!
Maybe any of you have encountered this problem and you know how to solve it. For a year I used an application for an Android tablet, created setlists, saved scores and made notes in them. Everything was great until I had to reinstall the application. And when I logged into my account, most of the saved scores disappeared - along with setlists and "pencil" notes.((( Is there any way to restore my library in the application to the state before I reinstalled the application? Perhaps everything is saved in some imslp cloud, but I don’t know how to get into it, isn't it? I would much appreciate the possibility to get my libruary back 'cause I need it much in my musical activity. Thank you for any idea.
ScoreUpdater
forum adept

Re: Personal libruary

Post by ScoreUpdater »

If you have a subscription, you should have an option to open your backed-up files and setlists in https://imslp.org/wiki/Special:MyLibrary.
Margaux3374

Post by Margaux3374 »

I have a subscription and the option you tell about I have too. Of course I use it. But after the reinstallation of the imslp app in this libruary there was very small part of my files and no one setlist ( before there was about ten of them)
ScoreUpdater
forum adept

Post by ScoreUpdater »

It seems like these setlists and now-unavailable files were not backed up to the cloud, and therefore you won't be able to use them, unfortunately.
Margaux3374

Post by Margaux3374 »

Ups! Thank you very much for your answer. And how to back it up to the cloud? Isn't it enought just to save it in the personal libruary in app? What did I do wrong?
Last edited by Margaux3374 on Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScoreUpdater
forum adept

Post by ScoreUpdater »

I think it should have been automatic, so I don't know exactly what's gone wrong here. I use the IMSLP app, and all my saved files/setlists have been successfully backed up to https://imslp.org/wiki/Special:MyLibrary without having to manually enable cloud backup. So it seems like something has gone wrong along the route, but what exactly I don't know. If you are able to access some files, then clearly the backup was enabled, but just not functioning properly, as it should do.

Bear in mind that I'm not an expert in how the app backup works/is designed, so others may provide a more accurate answer as to why your files are not available anymore.

Regards,