Madam, Madame Laschanzky Oboe concerto

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

wwielgus
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Madam, Madame Laschanzky Oboe concerto

Post by wwielgus »

I am new to using IMSLP and made a recent posting of the Oboe Concerto by Madam Laschanzky.

https://imslp.org/wiki/Oboe_Concerto_in ... MSLP923545

The administrators have listed this as "Madame" Laschanzky but the manuscript clearly states "Madam"

This is a very small difference, but in terms of totally accuracy for this kind of encyclopedic project I hope it could be changed to "Madam" without the E. It would also help with search engines.

Is this the proper way to bring this to the attention of the administrators?
ScoreUpdater
forum adept

Re: Madam, Madame Laschanzky Oboe concerto

Post by ScoreUpdater »

This has been fixed.
DBMiller
active poster

Post by DBMiller »

This is really wrong either way, because "Madam" or "Madame" is a title, not part of her name. Also, you will note that on the manuscript, the abbreviations "Mad." and "Madam." are both used.
wwielgus

Post by wwielgus »

Thank you for taking care of this issue. When I first made the posting I listed her name as "Madam" Laschanzky in quotation marks to signify that it was only a title and not a name, but this probably does not fit into the posting guidelines. What is really hoped is that someone finally will be able to find more concrete information on this mysterious woman who wrote quite a fine piece, probably the first music for solo oboe by a woman composer.