Import scans based on RISM?

Moderator: kcleung

kosboot
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Import scans based on RISM?

Post by kosboot »

I know IMSLP has projects devoted to harvesting scans from various places (e.g. Eastman/University of Rochester) for placement on IMSLP.

Is there such a project for all the scans one can discover through the RISM database? https://opac.rism.info/rism
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Import scans based on RISM?

Post by coulonnus »

I was not aware you can discover scans with RISM. Otherwise please provide an example.

AFAIK RISM just provides the name of the libary holding the score you want, with the same upleasant conditions as Worldcat.
kosboot
forum adept

Post by kosboot »

In the advanced search, note at the top left you can select "Digital copies only"
rism.JPG
rism.JPG (81.34 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
kosboot
forum adept

Post by kosboot »

(continuing) so if I search the composer Porpora and limit it to prints, and then select operas, this is my list of hits. You can clearly see which one contains a fully digitized score.
porpora.JPG
porpora.JPG (57.31 KiB) Viewed 2824 times
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Well, this Porpora Arianna Nasso Walsh directs you to the Gallica-bnf page. You could have reached it with Worldcat or with Gallica, if you know it is there. So it can't be a RISM project.

I and other enthousiasts already "harvest" or "import" or "place" or "submit" lots of scores from similar libraries. I don't know if we can call this a project and if it would add something constructive.