Why is there nothing of Igor Stravinsky

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

franhur

Why is there nothing of Igor Stravinsky

Post by franhur »

I searched the hompage, for anything related to Igor Stravinsky, and could not find anything, please, if someone has something pklease upload it.
ras1
active poster

Post by ras1 »

Quite simply, since Stravinsky died in 1971, none of his works are public domain in Canada. If you wait for 14 years, you can have all the Stravinsky you want.

That said, does anyone think it would be preferable to have empty composer pages for well-known composers that are copyright, with biographical information and a date when they will become PD? Just an idea.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I edited the title, please don't shout as if we owe you Stravinsky.

If you search various sites you can find scores of Stravinsky as some are PD in the US. If indeed you are from the US.
ThaSchwab
active poster

Post by ThaSchwab »

If you go to MagesY (Google it) and search for The Rite of Spring, they have the full Boosey & Hawkes score in 3 files. The Gamingforce Forums Musician's Library has the Firebird in 5 parts (search in the "Search thread" box). The Indiana University Prototype PD Library has Petrushka.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

It appears that MagesY has been shut down for good.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

The same score that was on IMSLP before is from http://nlib.org.ua/ , though I don't advise downloading much from there, they have two shosta symphonies which are certainly still (c).
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

The Rite of Spring score from http://nlib.org.ua does not appear to be the Dover reprint of the Muzyka edition though:
viewtopic.php?t=790
Sebastian
regular poster

Post by Sebastian »

ras1 wrote:That said, does anyone think it would be preferable to have empty composer pages for well-known composers that are copyright, with biographical information and a date when they will become PD? Just an idea.
It might be. I guess it would save us some time here in the forum. It would also make IMSLP seem more professional and polished.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

The Rite of Spring score from http://nlib.org.ua does not appear to be the Dover reprint of the Muzyka edition though:
All I know is that it was on IMSLP. :P