Playing IMSLP part PDFs back on a phone: looking for parts that break my reader

Posts about Padrucci and IMSLPDroid.

Moderators: Philidor, gardano

Post Reply
scorelens
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:52 am
notabot: 42
notabot2: Bot

Playing IMSLP part PDFs back on a phone: looking for parts that break my reader

Post by scorelens »

Hi all, I'm Dmitrii. I'm building ScoreLens, an iPhone app that reads a single-part PDF (or a photo of a printed part) and plays it back with a cursor, so you can hear a passage slowly or at concert pitch before rehearsal.

I've been testing it on IMSLP parts and would like help finding where it fails. What it handles: one melody per staff (orchestral and band parts, vocal lines, études). What it doesn't: piano scores, handwriting. Older scans with faint staff lines are the hardest.

If you try a part and it misreads something, a link to the IMSLP file and the bar number would help a lot. The app is free to try: https://scorelens.app

Disclosure: I'm the developer.
Post Reply